While working on upgrade activities of D365 V9 from D365 V8, we faced one weird issue related to Enable Rule of Ribbon button.
We had one form where we were using Enable Rule for a button which was defined using custom JS code. As part of client side scripting changes related to D365 V9 upgrade, we passed Primary Control as first CRM parameter in Ribbon Workbench for that Enable Rule as explained here and in JS we passed executionContext as a parameter as shown below:
Continue Reading Nishant Rana’s Article on their blog
Ribbon Button Enable Rule Custom JS Code gives error “Cannot read property ‘getFormContext’ of undefined” – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
Blog Syndicated with Nishant Rana’s Permission
More About This Author
• Microsoft Certified Professional in Microsoft Dynamics CRM (CRM 3.0 to CRM 2016), Microsoft SharePoint (2007 and 2013) and Microsoft .NET with 10+ years of experience.
• 10 years of working experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM starting with CRM 3.0 to CRM 2016 on various project aspects: analysis, designing, developing, leading team etc.
• An avid blogger who likes to learn, help, share and contribute in Community.
• Author of “Nishant Rana’s Weblog” (https://nishantrana.wordpress.com/), technical blog on Microsoft .NET technologies with more than 2.5 million hits and 800 followers. The blog is also recognized as one of the top 35 blogs on Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• Twitter account https://twitter.com/nishantranaCRM with more than 500 followers, which includes MVP(s) and experts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• Technical Reviewer of following books on Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- 2018.11.14#Dyn365CELimitations of Business Rule with Mobile App – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
- 2018.11.12#Dyn365CEThe following job steps cannot be reached with the current job step flow logic in SSIS – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
- 2018.11.12#Dyn365CEHideCustomAction and Display Enable rule in Dynamics 365 – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
- 2018.11.11#Dyn365CEInstallation order for Solutions (Patches) in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement – Nishant Rana’s Weblog