Plugin on Pre-Validation Stage in Dynamics 365 CE – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
Recently we had a requirement to delete the Account record without deleting the associated Contact records.
If we try deleting the account record we’d get the following message box
The relationship definition can’t be updated as well to achieve this
So, we wrote a plugin on the pre-validation stage of pre-delete event of Account, which will retrieve and loop through all the child contact records and set its parent customer field as null.
In case of pre-operation the child records…
Continue Reading Nishant Rana’s Article on their blog
Blog Syndicated with Nishant Rana’s Permission
More About This Author
• Microsoft Certified Professional in Microsoft Dynamics CRM (CRM 3.0 to CRM 2016), Microsoft SharePoint (2007 and 2013) and Microsoft .NET with 10+ years of experience.
• 10 years of working experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM starting with CRM 3.0 to CRM 2016 on various project aspects: analysis, designing, developing, leading team etc.
• An avid blogger who likes to learn, help, share and contribute in Community.
• Author of “Nishant Rana’s Weblog” (https://nishantrana.wordpress.com/), technical blog on Microsoft .NET technologies with more than 2.5 million hits and 800 followers. The blog is also recognized as one of the top 35 blogs on Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• Twitter account https://twitter.com/nishantranaCRM with more than 500 followers, which includes MVP(s) and experts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• Technical Reviewer of following books on Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- 2019.01.08#Dyn365CEScribe Online – Creating your first integration solution for Dynamics 365 CE – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
- 2019.01.08#Dyn365CEGetting started with Scribe Online – Connecting to Dynamics 365 CE – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
- 2019.01.07#Dyn365CEDynamics 365 CE Update changed the form’s layout
- 2019.01.06#Dyn365CE0x80131040) – Nishant Rana’s Weblog