After downloading the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations 8.1 PU 20 VHD from LCS, I went about optimizing its performance. So far I used it a bit without doing a full compile and it seems to run less than 15 GB of RAM, although I have allocated much more. Some low hanging fruit is defragmenting the indexes in the databases.
Check the index fragmentation (optional, interesting)
Continue Reading Dag Calafell, III, PMP’s Article on their blog
Blog Syndicated with Dag Calafell, III, PMP’s Permission
More About This Author
- Transformational Business Leader with ten years experience building effective state-of-the-art technology solutions to meet demanding manufacturing, customer, and user environments. Astute Negotiator who has saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in IT costs through strategic partnerships and technical innovation. Trusted Technology Expert who consistently delivers user-friendly technology solutions which surpasses business, customer requirements. Strategic Team Builder who mentors and transforms the IT organization to maximize business value at the lowest cost and risk.
- 2018.10.15#Dyn365OSysOperation Framework – Six years later where are we at with implementing it?
- 2018.10.12#Dyn365ODefragment indexes on D365 Finance & Operations Virtual Machine
- 2018.10.08#Dyn365OParse the Missing Values from Validate (DIXF)
- 2018.09.16#Dyn365OLatency Testing for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations