Well this has long been awaited for. And how many times I had my customer walking up to me and ask – “I have an existing field. Do CRM provide Autonumber feature? Can I convert an existing text field to AutoNumber field?”.
Till this point my answer was Yes but with a suffix“but” in it.
However going forward you can with the new entity designer in power apps.
So you can select Primary Attribute Number field of your entity and covert it to AutoNumber type now.
Below I open the…
Continue Reading Nishant Rana’s Article on their blog
Convert you existing text fields into Autonumber field with the new entity designer in powerapps in Dynamics 365 – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
Blog Syndicated with Nishant Rana’s Permission
More About This Author
• Microsoft Certified Professional in Microsoft Dynamics CRM (CRM 3.0 to CRM 2016), Microsoft SharePoint (2007 and 2013) and Microsoft .NET with 10+ years of experience.
• 10 years of working experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM starting with CRM 3.0 to CRM 2016 on various project aspects: analysis, designing, developing, leading team etc.
• An avid blogger who likes to learn, help, share and contribute in Community.
• Author of “Nishant Rana’s Weblog” (https://nishantrana.wordpress.com/), technical blog on Microsoft .NET technologies with more than 2.5 million hits and 800 followers. The blog is also recognized as one of the top 35 blogs on Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• Twitter account https://twitter.com/nishantranaCRM with more than 500 followers, which includes MVP(s) and experts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• Technical Reviewer of following books on Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- 2019.04.24#Dyn365CEFixed – The Script Task uses version 15.0 script that is not supported in this release of Integration Services – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
- 2019.04.24#Dyn365CEkeyword in SSIS – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
- 2019.04.19#Dyn365CEAn internal error occurred on the report server while trying to import organization in Dynamics 365 On-Premise – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
- 2019.04.16#Dyn365CEFixed – ExecuteMultiple Request batch size exceeds the maximum batch size allowed error while deleting records in Dynamics 365 On-Premise