Prior to D365 V9, we were using Xrm.Utility.openEntityForm() to open an existing record or to open a create form of an entity providing some additional parameters. However, in D365 V9 as it has been deprecated, we need to use Xrm.Navigation.openForm() to perform the same operation.
Here’s an example of the change in API along with it’s parameters.
While creating a new record, we can pass values to the attributes using an object which is optional. Please see below…
Continue Reading Nishant Rana’s Article on their blog
Blog Syndicated with Nishant Rana’s Permission
More About This Author
• Microsoft Certified Professional in Microsoft Dynamics CRM (CRM 3.0 to CRM 2016), Microsoft SharePoint (2007 and 2013) and Microsoft .NET with 10+ years of experience.
• 10 years of working experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM starting with CRM 3.0 to CRM 2016 on various project aspects: analysis, designing, developing, leading team etc.
• An avid blogger who likes to learn, help, share and contribute in Community.
• Author of “Nishant Rana’s Weblog” (https://nishantrana.wordpress.com/), technical blog on Microsoft .NET technologies with more than 2.5 million hits and 800 followers. The blog is also recognized as one of the top 35 blogs on Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• Twitter account https://twitter.com/nishantranaCRM with more than 500 followers, which includes MVP(s) and experts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• Technical Reviewer of following books on Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- 2018.12.12#Dyn365CEMultiple Currency Issue in Opportunity Line Grid(Inline Edit View) on Opportunity Form – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
- 2018.12.12#Dyn365CECheckPrivilege failed while importing solution in Dynamics 365 CE – Nishant Rana’s Weblog
- 2018.12.11#Dyn365CEThe workflow cannot be published or unpublished by someone who is not its owner error while importing solution in Dynamics 365 CE
- 2018.12.10#Dyn365CEYou don’t have permission to access any of the organizations in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online region that you specified error in USD Client Application